Basically there are three points to secure:
For the first time ever we can go beyond add-on and have more of an add-in. This means:
- The client (your PC and browser): Detect attacks and block them
- The Internet infrastructure (like Wifis): End-to-End encryption fixes that
- The server (like the site that is trying to phish you): Identify and block
- This is our opportunity to improve the situation.
- More options to secure the system
- While the browser vendors have to produce a one-size-fits-all we can center on a more security aware customer base
- We have lots of backend databases knowing the dangerous places in the internet
- While high-end security extensions (Noscript) focus on the skilled user, we will build a system with an auto-pilot, basing the security decissions on our backend databases and our experience
- This auto pilot will also automate repetitive tasks away
- Before you ask: Skilled users can take over the wheel and override it
- You can install additional extensions. It is your browser after all
The whole project is based on extensions and chromium. Both are Open Source. We will pay for our ride: We contribute to them to guarantee a perfect browsing experience. Of course we will also integrate our Avira technology.