• When closing files via the Delete key there is now a "Don't show again" option.
• The Actions menu Copy Metadata submenu now has a Copy Selected Metadata... item. The function will display a panel allowing you to select the copy direction and the metadata you want to copy.
• Fields which are disabled due to Preferences-File List-Disable Unique Fields on Multiple Selections, now display a visual indicator. Text fields display ... and the Artwork panel displays a lock icon.
• The upcoming iTunes v12.5 introduces support for four new classical metadata fields. Work Name, Movement Name, Movement Number and Movement Count. The fields are implemented and can be displayed on the More Info editing panel. The fields are also available as columns in the main file list area, may be filtered, exported and placed on Custom Panels.
• The fields are available for all file types, including those not supported by iTunes.
• iTunes handles these fields in a somewhat strange manner. They are stored in MPEG-4 files but in all other iTunes supported file types, they are only retained in the iTunes database. For this reason, Yate will allow you to import/export the fields much as with other database only fields such as Rating, Playcount, etc. Due to the better, implementation in MPEG-4 files, Yate will allow you to disable import/export of thes fields for MPEG-4 files.
• Note that when importing the values from a version of iTunes less than 12.5, empty and 0 values will be imported.
• Preferences-iTunes has been updated to allow the selective display/import, auto import and auto export settings for these new fields.
• The Import from iTunes and Export to iTunes statements have been updated to support the new fields.
• iTunes 12.5 also introduces a new setting to control the display of its Name field as the Work or Song name. The value for this setting is stored in MPEG-4 files but unfortunately is not programatically available. For this reason the new Show Work Name in iTunes setting on the More Info panel is only available for MPEG-4 files.
View the complete release notes